At Hypotenuse, interns aren’t here to do paperwork or monotonous tasks. We empower you to make decisions, contribute creatively and think critically. We want self-starters who are entrepreneurial and want a taste of working in a high-growth, fast-moving start-up.
This role combines the quantitative aspects of being a product manager together with the design sensibilities and skillsets of graphic designers. As part of the product and design team, you will learn how to work backwards from the customer to design smooth and elegant user experiences for customers.
- Conceptualise, prototype and design new features and UI/UX solutions for our web platform to enhance user experience
- Design collateral and graphics that will go onto our apps and marketing content.
- Understand design guidelines and UI/UX patterns to generate relevant professional output that is usable, consistent and intuitive for customers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (especially engineers) to help design and define key visual requests and implementations
- Gather insights on product adoption/improvements, track KPIs, identify key metrics and propose further iterations
- Analyze quantitative data to understand customer behaviour, expectations and performance of features
- Demonstrated experience with either of: UI/UX and/or Graphic Design and/or Product Design
- Familiar with using product and design tools (any of: Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, photoshop etc..)
- Ideally, some experience with using or designing SaaS products
- Highly customer-obsessed. Cares deeply about user experience and passionate about building beautiful designs for customers
- Learn fast. No one comes into a start-up having all the answers, but a growth mentality to keep trying and keep learning is paramount.
- Driven and tenacious. Start-ups are fast paced, and only limited by what each person wants to do. The best fits are people with an internal drive to to work hard, commit and grow even amidst setbacks.
- Data-driven. Strong ability in breaking down quantitative data to derive insights and solutions