At Hypotenuse, interns aren’t here to sit on the sidelines or buy coffee. We empower you to make decisions, contribute creatively and think critically. We want self-starters who are entrepreneurial and want a taste of working in a high-growth, fast-moving start-up.
This role combines the quantitative aspects of being a product manager together with the design sensibilities and skillsets of graphic designers. As part of the product and design team, you will learn how to work backwards from the customer to design smooth and elegant user experiences for customers.
- Design collateral and graphics that will go onto our apps and marketing content.
- Understand design guidelines to generate relevant professional output that is usable, consistent and intuitive for customers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help design and define key visual requests and implementations
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts, and reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- Demonstrated experience with Graphic Design
- Familiar with graphic design tools (eg. Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Canva)
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Highly customer-obsessed. Cares deeply about user experience and passionate about building beautiful designs for customers
- Learn fast. No one comes into a start-up having all the answers, but a growth mentality to keep trying and keep learning is paramount.
- Driven and tenacious. Start-ups are fast paced, and only limited by what each person wants to do. The best fits are people with an internal drive to to work hard, commit and grow even amidst setbacks.