Hypotenuse AI is a platform that uses machine learning to automatically create written content for e-commerce businesses, including product descriptions, advertising text and blog posts. We're reshaping what takes weeks to do, and turning it into days. Our mission it to build the best experience that powers every e-commerce store.
We have a passionate team with experienced founders from a background in big tech companies, AI research and e-commerce, and are backed by top global investors, including Y Combinator, January Capital and CP Ventures. We have global ambitions and are expanding our team in Singapore. If you are inspired to take up new challenges to drive the future of e-commerce and content, come join our team!
More about us on TechCrunch.
Start-ups aren't for everyone. Joining a fast growing start-up isn't like taking a 9 to 5 role in a big company — the impact, learnings and growth here are magnitudes higher, but so is the pace.
In this role, you will:
- Build entirely new platforms, applications and features from scratch, while also scaling up our existing platforms — our tech stack includes (React, Typescript, Python,FastAPI, AWS ...)
- Thread across frontend and backend, system architecture design, databases, algorithms & data science, and DevOps
- Balance speed and scale, while keeping in mind the sensibilities to create a high quality user experience
- Work extremely closely with the founders, and often cross functionally, sometimes wearing a product manager hat
You will spearhead a large part of this development together with our CTO. There will be ambiguity, uncertainties and a whole lot of new technologies. No one has all the answers, and that's ok. But it means that you need to have a constant hunger for learning and growing — very quickly. Here, your rate of growth matters a lot more than your credentials.
We want people who are warriors.
People who can see from a thousand feet up, but yet can dig into the roots and execute their own plans. People who obsess over their code; who can't stop thinking about solving challenging problems, and people who just won't give up. It's not easy, and as we said, start-ups aren't for everyone. But for the ones that are, this will be the most fulfilling journey as we rocket towards building something people want.
Experience and a strong foundation in some of the following will help a long way:
- You've designed and built backend architectures (i.e. experience with AWS or GCP, designing APIs, components, databases etc..)
- You're familiar with software engineering best practices — testing, deployments, agile & sprints, OOP etc.. — and have worked with large codebases before
- Understanding of algorithms/data structures and computer science fundamentals
- Experience with web frameworks — both on the client-side (e.g. React, Angular, Vue, ..) and server side (e.g. Flask / FastAPI / Django)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High adaptability, strong problem-solving skills and ability to handle ambiguity
- UX design sensibility and a drive to build great products for users
- (ideally) 2+ years of software engineering experience, or equivalent