At Hypotenuse AI, we're building the best experience to power every e-commerce store. We are a Y Combinator-backed machine learning start-up that automatically generates written content for e-commerce companies, including product descriptions, advertising text and headlines.
We are a passionate team with experienced founders from a background in big tech companies, AI research and e-commerce. We have global ambitions and are expanding our team in Singapore. If you are inspired to take up new challenges to drive the future of e-commerce and content, come join our team! More about us on TechCrunch.
At Hypotenuse, interns aren’t here to do paper work or monotonous tasks. We empower you to make decisions, contribute creatively and think critically. We want self-starters who are entrepreneurial and want a taste of working in a high-growth, fast-moving start-up.
The Business Development intern will help to grow Hypotenuse regionally and globally. If you enjoy communicating with people, negotiating and are hungry to drive new business avenues, this role is for you.
- Work directly with the founding team in executing growth strategies for the company
- Crunch numbers to analyse trends and customers to make data driven decisions
- Conduct market research and analyse data to pinpoint new businesses, key customers and market opportunities
- Evaluate, negotiate and acquire key partners that would support the company’s business plan and goals
- Understand the needs and expectations of customer groups, ideate and execute tailored strategies to drive adoption of product and establish positive long-term relationships
- Work cross-functionally across product marketing, tech, growth and sales
- Self-starter with a bias for action to get things done, and isn’t discouraged by failure or mistakes
- Excellent oral and written communication competency, comfortable with negotiations and interacting with top decision makers
- Meticulous, logical and able to crunch numbers
- Fast learner who can adapt quickly to changes and work both independently and collaboratively
- Any of the following skills is a big plus: strong Excel skills, Canva/Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator tools, figma, UIUX design
- Experience in start-ups, or in a business development / account management role (ideally in tech or e-commerce) is a plus